Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You are Strong Enough :)

Well let me just say that it has been a long time since I have written. I think that today's message is something very important that I struggle with.

I think sometimes when we tell people about Christ, we water things down. I would love to sit here and tell you that being a Christian is simple and your life will be great. Everything will work out perfectly. Every person you like will fall head-over-heels in love with you. You won't experience pain or struggle with grades. You will drive a Mercedes-Benz and live in a mansion. There are so many things that I could tell you about being a Christian that aren't necessarily true. In fact just about everything I told you is false.

Your life will become better if you give God control. However, everything doesn't always work out perfectly. Not every person you like will like you back--in fact dating sometimes becomes harder. Christians still experience pain and struggle with grades sometimes, and you won't always live in a mansion or drive a foreign sports car. Living the Christian life is not living a life of perfection.

There are certain things in life we go through that we would never imagine. I have said in a previous blog that I am a strong believer that nothing happens by chance. I believe that everything that happens in our lives happens for a reason.

2010 was a hard year for me. I experienced many different things throughout my freshman year of high school and part of my sophomore year. But as far as personal issues go, 2010 was my year for racking up in that department.

As I look back on my year, I realize that I personally fell so many times. One time I fell so hard that I just gave up. I said, "I quit." I had been hurt so badly that I was ready to quit and give up everything.

I have this friend at church that I look up to a lot. He has always been there for me and I told him what had happened and he looked at me and said, "Taylre, you are strong. You should feel proud. God picked you, out of all the girls in the world for this to happen to."

At this point I was sort of aggravated because I thought he was mocking me and he continued, "He picked you cause he knew you were tough enough to handle it. You know God never puts anything on us that He knows we can't handle. God put this situation in your life to show you just how strong you really are."

Next time you are going through a rough time. I want you to think about that. You are strong and God is trying to show you just how strong you really are. You can handle it. You may not be able to handle it on your own, but with God you can!

This song by Matthew West helped me through everything. I feel like this song was written just for me. It may be written just for you too! :)


Strong Enough

by Matthew West


You must

You must think I'm strong

To give me what I'm going through


Well, forgive me

Forgive me if I'm wrong

But this looks like more than I can do

On my own


I know I'm not strong enough to be

everything that I'm supposed to be

I give up

I'm not strong enough

Hands of mercy won't you cover me

Lord right now I'm asking you to be

Strong enough

for the both of us


Well, maybe

Maybe that's the point

To reach the point of giving up

Cause when I'm finally

Finally at rock bottom

Well, that's when I start looking up

And reaching out


I know I'm not strong enough to be

Everything that I'm supposed to be

I give up

I'm not strong enough

Hands of mercy won't you cover me

Lord right now I'm asking you to be

Strong enough


Strong enough


Cause I'm broken

Down to nothing

But I'm still holding on to the one thing

You are God

and you are strong

When I am weak


I can do all things

Through Christ who gives me strength

And I don't have to be

Strong enough

Strong enough


oh, yeah


I know I'm not strong enough to be

Everything that I'm supposed to be

I give up

I'm not strong enough

Hands of mercy won't you cover me

Lord right now I'm asking you to be

Strong enough

Strong enough

Strong enough




:)

I know

No comments:

Post a Comment